What are Cookies?
A cookie is a file that is downloaded to the user's device when accessing certain web pages to store and retrieve information about the navigation that is carried out from such computer.
This website uses some cookies to improve user experience and thus be able to offer content adapted to their interests.
Type of Cookies and purposes of use
When browsing our website, session cookies and persistent cookies are used, which, in turn, may be own or third-party cookies.
Session Cookies are Cookies designed to collect and store data while the user accesses a web page. They are usually used to store information that is only interesting to keep for the provision of the service requested by the user on a single occasion.
Persistent Cookies are a type of Cookies in which the data, as its name already indicates, are still stored in the terminal, for a certain period that can range from a few minutes to several years.
Next, we will detail in the following list the purposes of own and third-party Cookies, used at https://opentechno.com/ and https://opentechno.eu/ indicating each third party and the purposes of each information they store:
- Session cookies Those created by the person in charge of the OPENTECHNO website, to enable the information notice and manage consent on the installation of Cookies and to ensure that users who contact us through the contact form of this website are human and not automated applications. In this way we fight spam.
This website uses the following third-party cookies, those managed by advertising, personalization, and analysis service providers outside OPENTECHNO:
- Google: each time a user visits a web page or service, a tool from an external provider (Google Analytics) generates an analytical cookie on the user's device. This cookie that is only generated during the visit, will serve in future visits to OPENTECHNO, to identify the visitor anonymously. The main objectives pursued are:
- To allow the anonymous identification of the navigating users through the "cookie" (identifies browsers and devices, not people) and therefore the approximate count of the number of visitors and their tendency in terms of time.
- To identify anonymously the most visited contents and therefore the more attractive content for users.
- To know if the user who is accessing is new or a repeat visitor.
These cookies will only be used for statistical purposes to collect metrics on the use of our website and online store.
What Cookies do we use?
Below, we detail the cookies we use for more information from all users of our website and online store:
|wordpress_test_cookie||This cookie is used to check if the cookies are enabled on the users' browser.||Session||NECESSARY|
|PHPSESSID||This cookie is native to PHP applications. The cookie is used to store and identify a users' unique session ID for the purpose of managing user session on the website. The cookie is a session cookies and is deleted when all the browser windows are closed.||Session||NECESSARY|
|_gat||This cookie is installed by Google Universal Analytics to restrain request rate and thus limit the collection of data on high traffic sites.||1 minute||PERFORMANCE|
|_ga||The _ga cookie, installed by Google Analytics, calculates visitor, session and campaign data and also keeps track of site usage for the site's analytics report. The cookie stores information anonymously and assigns a randomly generated number to recognize unique visitors.||2 years||ANALYTICS|
|_gid||Installed by Google Analytics, _gid cookie stores information on how visitors use a website, while also creating an analytics report of the website's performance. Some of the data that are collected include the number of visitors, their source, and the pages they visit anonymously.||1 day||ANALYTICS|
Acceptance of Cookies
The User must considerer that some characteristics of the contents of the web page are only available if the installation of Cookies in their browser is allowed. If you decide not to accept or block certain Cookies (depending on their purpose), this may affect, in whole or in part, the normal operation of the website or prevent access to some of its services.
The user accepts the installation of cookies, unless he or she rejects, as detailed in this Cookies Policy.
At all times the user has the possibility to accept or reject the installation of cookies. In addition, after each session you can delete all or some of the stored cookies. Also, the user can activate:
- Private browsing, through which your browser stops saving your browsing history, website passwords, cookies, and other information on the pages you visit, or
- The function of not tracking, by which the browser asks the websites you visit not to track your browsing habits, for example, to serve you advertising of your interest in the sites you visit.
How to disable cookies in the browser.
Most browsers currently allow the users to configure if they wish to accept cookies and which ones. These settings are usually found in the 'Options' or 'Preferences' menu of your browser.
We recommend consulting the help of your browser for information about the different options you must manage cookies. Below, we provide the links to be able to manage cookies in the most popular browsers: